Manager, Game Operations & Community Events
The Cape Breton Eagles Major Junior Hockey Club is currently looking to fill the role of; Manager, Game Operations & Community Events. This position would report directly to- and work closely with the General Manager of Business Operations, while also working with the entirety of the business staff to execute our game day promotions, assist with sponsorship activations and oversee the operation of our live and community events. This role requires the candidate to have time management, organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, pressure filled and exciting environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Manage game day volunteers in the set-up, organization, execution and break down of all in- game promotions, kiosks, events, etc.
– Curate game day scripts for all staff, volunteers, and business personnel to adhere to.
– Work directly with sponsors on their game day activations, including set-up, in-game servicing, promotions, kiosks, prizing, etc.
– Assist with weekly office tasks as they relate to game preparation.
– Act as primary liaison with coaching staff and Hockey Operations staff to plan and execute community events.
-Collect and share proof of performance as it relates to sponsor deliverables.
– Work closely with the QMJHL to ensure all sponsorship deliverables are executed including compiling proof of performance.
– All other duties as assigned by the General Manager of Business Operations.
Skills & Requirements:
-Must be creative and forward thinking in order to bring our in-game experience to the next level.
– Must be a hard-working, outgoing, professional who can take initiative and be directed.
– Must be able to work calmly and collectively under pressure situations for long periods of time.
– University Degree or equivalent experience working in a related field.
– Must have a keen sense of confidentiality.
– Flexible Schedule – will require varied office hours during the week with games on weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Applications can be sent via email to the attention of Courtney Schriver-Richard by way of email using email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line and provide your salary expectations in your cover letter. We appreciate your interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Cape Breton Eagles ULC. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment.