Position: Part Time Bookkeeper
Department: Business Operations
Reports to: General Manger, Business Operations
The Cape Breton Eagles are seeking a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for the day-to-day financial activity for the Hockey Club. This position will require superior customer service and communications skills, and will require effective time management, the ability to meet deadlines and the ability to work independently as well as collaborate as part of a unit. This position on average requires 20-25 hours a week, and is ideal for someone who enjoys summers off, as the position requires one day a week for June, July and part of August. Our two high volume times are May (year end) and end of August (Training Camp).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial statement preparation
- Bank reconciliations
- Journal entries
- Weekly bank deposits
- Store inventory reconciliation (provided by retail manager)
- Responsible for accounts payables and receivables
- Responsible for processing internal expense claims and issuing reimbursement
- With support of the General Manager of Business, prepare bi-weekly payroll, timesheets, billet and player expenses.
- Responsible for filing of government reports
- Responsible to maintain asset inventory
- Assist with annual year-end audit
- Other duties as necessary
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of post-secondary education with a focus on accounting and office administration.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience.
- Hours of business will be 8:00a.m. – 1:30p.m Monday-Friday
- Rate of pay is $18/hour
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com